Thursday, June 2, 2011

[my diet.]

I am on a diet.... and I figured Id share :)
(This diet is called "Six Week Body Makeover... and the program cost me roughly $200.00 to buy.)


Due to my particular body type (which is "Endomorph" and was determined by me filling out a questionnaire) I have a specific diet program to follow in regards to extreme fat burning.

I eat 5 (or 6) meals every day... usually 2.5/3 hours apart.

Proteins I can eat: Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast, Lean Ground Turkey, Delicate Fish (Haddock, Flounder, and Cod), Fish Steak (Tuna, Mahi Mahi, and Shark), and Egg Whites. Carbs I can eat: Rice, Potato, Yam, Oatmeal, Barley, and Millet. Fruits I can eat: Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Grapefruit, and Pineapple. I can eat any veggie (except for Squash, because it's also a carb.) Lettuce, Sprouts, Cucumber, and Mushrooms are FREE veggies. I can east as much as I want at any time I want :)

I do not use any oil, fat, sugar, or salt in my cooking. I splurge and use Wishbone Salad Spritzers to dress salad every now and then, but only 10 sprays (= 10 calories.) I use only Mrs. Dash Salt-Free seasoning to season food. I also use several different vinegars to add a bit of flavor to fish or to greens.

I make fresh Pico to top fish, potatoes, and salads. I also make turkey chili (no beans) and tomato sauce using canned no-salt diced tomato.

I blend up cucumber, dill, mustard seed, and a splash of rice vinegar to make a dressing for fish and salad. I also have several other oil and salt free marinades I have learned how to make for chicken and fish.


Breakfast:
2 oz. protein
1/2 cup carb
(Rapid Results: 2 oz. turkey breast and 1/2 grapefruit.)

Mid Morning Snack:
2 oz. protein
1/2 cup fruit
(Rapid Results: 3 oz. tuna steak and 1 cup greens.)

Lunch:
2 oz protein
1/2 cup carb
1 cup veggie
(Rapid Results: 2 oz. fish, 1/2 cup yam, 1 cup greens.)

Mid Afternoon Snack:
2 oz. protein
1/2 cup fruit
(Rapid Results: 3 oz. tuna and 1 cup greens.)

Dinner:
2 oz. protein
1/2 cup carb
1 cup veggie
(Rapid Results: 3 oz. fish and 1 cup veggie.)

PM snack: (optional)
2 oz. protein
1/2 cup fruit
(Rapid Results: 2 oz. chicken breast and 1 cup greens.)



I also spend an hour on the treadmill every day... staying in my target heart rate zone (which is 126 - 128 bpm.) This zone is ideal for burning fat.

I started this diet on Sunday the 29th. My goal is to lose roughly 3 or 4 lbs every week. If I lose more, that's GREAT :) I am having a slow start unfortunately. In the last 5 days I have not lost any weight, which is unfortunate. I am sure, however, that maybe I am losing inches or toning up some muscle i havent used in a while. I keep telling myself that even though I dont SEE the results, they are there all the same.

I am excited and ready to take on this weight loss adventure. I am hoping that by my 10 year class reunion in September I look (and feel) a bit better than I do now. *Fingers Crossed!*

No comments:

Post a Comment