Tuesday, May 3, 2011

[events of the evening]

So.... today I am sitting on the couch after getting the girls put down to bed, and I hear a LOUD crash outside. Naturally I step out onto our porch to see what the commotion was about, and about 100 feet from the entrance to our apartment complex a car had somehow lost control and flipped over.

All of the neighborhood kids are staring in awe, so I walk down to the curb with Trey Bear to get a better look, and from what we could SEE one person was able to get out of the car on their own. The woman who lives next door to us had already called the police and the paramedics.

Come to find out the girl that had crashed the car was 22 years old and lives in the apartment below us. According to the passenger, she had been texting while driving. She was taken out of the car by the paramedics and taken to the hospital in the ambulance. We do not know her condition.

This led to a VERY interesting dinner conversation with Trey Bear regarding texting and driving, mortality, the existence of God, etc. I am truly blessed to have such an insightful and inquisitive son who isn't afraid to ask questions.


(On another note, as we are walking back into the apartment I stumbled upon the most DISTURBING thing on the sidewalk. A used NUVA-RING. Yeah. It's about the size of a toddler bracelet, clear, and tubular. Had I not once used Nuva-Ring as birth control I wouldn't have known what it was! Seriously, children play out there, and would be drawn to pick it up. I sure as HELL wasn't going to pick it up but I didn't want it just sitting there for a child to find. I kicked it off the sidewalk into the grass and used my shoe to cover it with dirt. GROOOOOSSSSS. We live in an upscale apartment complex that costs us an arm and a leg to rent. Seriously?!? Used birth control products on our sidewalk?! Shudder.)

No comments:

Post a Comment